Tuesday, January 22, 2013

...And then I took an arrow to the knee...

Okay, so it wasn't an arrow.

Or my knee.

But it was a basement floor to my ankle at 4:30 this morning, and boy let me tell you it smarts.

Seriously, am I the clumsiest girl in the world? I feel like I'm just walking through life with constant vertigo. I have no equilibrium it seems like. But I had woken up with a desperate need to pee (and it's the WORST when it's less than an hour before you have to get up, because really, you WON'T fall back asleep that fast, so basically you're up for the morning.) and was on my way back down, half asleep and in the dark (yep, that's smart) and missed the bottom oh, 5 steps or so. I heard a loud "POP!" in my ankle and my upper body flew into the brick wall at the end of the stairs (so safe) and that was it. I was laying on the floor like a wounded dog, howling. I was trying SO hard to calm myself inside and bring my voice down but then it occurred to me that it really DID hurt that bad this time. Thank god my parents heard me because I could NOT get up.

So I cried for about a half an hour because it hurt so bad (luckily not broken though). Ended up having to call into work. Can't drive my car- who's bright idea was it for me to drive a manual today? My clutch foot is busted!

So that was my tragic morning story.

I have a couple more topics I'd like to talk about in the next few entries: Applying for a Teaching Job, religion in schools, and at some point when I'm feeling ballsy, "Government Conspiracies". And a few about video games and Harry Potter, because let's face it, I'm a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment