Tuesday, February 5, 2013

New Computer Part Deux

OMG OMG OMG.

It's here. IT'S FINALLY HERE!

I feel like a kid on Christmas right now. I watched for that god damned UPS truck for hours today just WAITING for my new computer to be delivered. And finally around 6 PM, it was.

I forget how time consuming setting up a new computer is. I mean really, I had to download all of my old programs, get it personalized. Import my iTunes (which was RIDICULOUS and still not complete). Even just getting all the cords together was a bitch. Especially when I realized what an epic failure I was to not check to see if it had wireless capability. <enter 8 PM death run to WalMart in shitty weather with deer running in front of me>

It really is beautiful though. My monitor is huge, the CPU is huge too (that's what I get for getting a gaming computer). I hate the cheap ass keyboard it came with but next week I'm gonna get an inexpensive wireless one (that's quieter). I've managed to log into my game long enough to see that it looks amazeballs with the new graphics card, but it's not anywhere close to being all the way downloaded so I have to wait :(

One thing I do like so far about Windows 8 is the ability to change the language format with a click of a button. That means I can actually switch to Spanish if I want and it will auto correct it, spell check, etc. That makes me VERY happy.

The start menu takes some getting used to because the interface is totally different, but I'll manage.

So far so good! Nothing's broken or anything!

Seriously, major nerdgasm going on right now. Everyone should be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment