Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Addictive Personalities

Is it just me, or are phone apps/games addicting. I mean seriously addicting. Maybe it's just because I am ridiculously OCD, but I swear the minute I get a new, trendy game on my droid I am all over that shit night and day.

SongPop was one of the worst. I played it for hours daily, no lie. Who the hell plays songpop for more than like 5 minutes, really. I've always been like this too. Even facebook games like farmville. I tore that UP back in the day when it was still cool.

And angry birds, but I think everyone who is anyone had that addiction.

I find my addictive personality very strange. Usually types such as myself will get addicted to bad things like cigarettes or the occasional bottle of wine every night. I smoked cigarettes from the time I was in middle school (trying to be cool, I swear I did not inhale, just like Bill Clinton) through college and after. But I was never addicted. I maybe recall once that I physically CRAVED a cigarette. The other times I knew it would calm me down or I was on my way to drunkytown and that pack of smokes was magnetized to my hand. But I could smoke every day for a month straight and still just stop whenever I wanted to, no aids, no withdrawls or bitchiness from lack of nicotine.

But you put Temple Run in front of me and I'm like a crack fiend.

Eventually I burn myself out on it, only to replace it with another less lame game. The same thing happens with my DS games too.

Video games aside, I also do the same for books. If I start a good book, I become immediately obsessed. Like I have to read the last two Harry Potter's in a row for 2 days straight and finish them both obsessed. If I like the story line, I will re-read a million times over and never get bored of it. I've read the same book like 3 times in a row right after the other because I love it so much. I also become very emotionally invested in books as well. I wonder if anyone else feels that way- not just "oh it is a sad part, I tear up a bit" but for real feel like you're LIVING the book. Like when the main character gets dumped you want to crawl in a corner and eat Ben and Jerry's for a week.

I become addicted to people as well I think, which is a fancy word for "clingy".

.I think my crazy is showing.

It's late, I'd better go to bed before I divulge more ridiculous nonsense about myself.

Oh, and I'm also seriously addicted to Snapple Apple. Really. Go try it. Your life will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment